Which battery is Better, Optima or Odyysey?


Monday, February 25, 2008

Oddysey vs Optima

Hello again,

I recieved the Odyssey PC1500T battery today, and just got it installed. It's awesome! It replaced 2 Optima Red Tops that were about 7 years old and one recently leaked acid from one cell, so this PC1500T obviously blows them away. The Starter has a higher pitch (Higher RPM - maintains higher voltage under load) with this one PC1500 than with both of the Optimas in parallel - even when they were brand-new! I can't wait to check out my audio system with this bad boy. I think I could have squeezed a 1750 under my hood, but I'm sure I'll be 110% happy with this PC1500...

I left positive feedback on eBay and I always appreciate the same in return.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190152300565

PS - Do you know anywhere that sells special battery brackets or specific adaptors so this battery will fit snugly with a stock battery mount in the stock location? Currently, I modded one of the Optima baseplate adaptors as a top-mounted spacer, but it leaves much to be desired - asthetically speaking :-) I'm driving a 1999 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 V6. The stock battery mount height is about 1" too tall...

Thanks again

Randy V

No comments: